The SportDOG SportTrainer® SD-1225E has been proven safe, comfortable and effective for all dogs over 3,6kg. Consistent, correct use of this product allows you to reinforce commands and correct misbehaviour from up to 1200 m.
The Remote Transmitter sends a signal, activating the Collar Receiver to deliver a harmless stimulation. With proper training, a dog will learn to associate this signal with a command.
Like all SportDOG products, this model features adjustable stimulation levels so you can tailor the stimulation level to your dog´s temperament, eliminating the risk of over-correction.
The SD-1225E is the latest dog training collar from SportDOG.
It a great collar with 8 levels of momentary and 8 levels of continuous stimulation (may be programmed to have 16 levels of either) and a 3/4 mile range. You have a choice of continuous and momentary correction, and vibration and tone options which allow you to choose the proper correction for a customized training system.
The receiver is ergonomically designed with an extremely slim profile which ensures perfect fit. The receiver has the SportDOG DryTek design with makes the collar 100% waterproof and can be submersed in up to 7,5 m (25 feet) of water.
This unit comes with a convenient docking system which allows it to be charged in just 2 hours. Adding dogs to the SportDOG SD-1225E is as easy as purchasing a SportDOG SDR-A Add-A-Dog and turning it on.
• SportDOG SD-1225E Add-A-Dog Additional Collar / Extra Receiver
- 1200 meter range.
- Choice of momentary and continuous correction.
- 8 levels of momentary and 8 levels of continuous stimulation (unit may be programmed operate with 16 levels of either stimulation).
- Vibration and tone options make long distance communication a breeze.
- System charges in 2 hours.
- Expands to 3 dogs with purchase of additional receivers.
• Rechargeable receiver battery in collar
• Rechargeable transmitter battery
- Docking station charger.
- 100% Waterproof.
- No external antenna on receiver.
- Transmitter dimensions :17 cm x 5 cm x 2,5 cm (144 g with battery)
- Receiver dimensions : 9 cm x 4 cm x 4 cm (75 g)
- Three Year Warranty
- SD-1225 Transmitter
- SD-1225 Receiver
- Charging Cradle
- Test light
- Belt Clip
- Long Contact Points
• SportDOG - PetSafe Contact Points /STANDARD/
• SportDOG - PetSafe Contact Points /LONG/
• SportDOG Collar /Black/
• SportDOG Collar /Orange/
• SportDOG Collar /Green/
• SportDOG Collar /Yellow/
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is the stimulation safe for my dog? While Continuous and/or Momentary stimulation may be unpleasant, it is harmless to your dog. Electronic training devices require interaction and training from the owner to achieve desired results.
2. How old does a dog have to be before using the SportTrainer SD-1225E? Your dog should be able to learn basic obedience commands such as Sit or Stay. The Collar Receiver may be too large for dogs under 3.6 kg (8 lb).
3. Once my dog is trained and has been obeying my commands, will my dog have to continue to wear the Collar Receiver?
Your dog may need to wear the Collar Receiver from time to time for reinforcement. Also, many hunters keep the Collar Receiver on their dogs while hunting for maximum control.
4. Is the Collar Receiver waterproof?
Yes. If the rechargeable battery pack ever needs to be replaced,make sure the o-ring and o-ring groove are free from dirt and debris.
5. Can my Collar Receiver be used around salt water?
If the Collar Receiver is used in or around salt water, the CollarReceiver should be rinsed with fresh water following each use.
6. Can I use the SportTrainer SD-1225E with more than one dog (up to 3)?
Yes, SportDOG Add-A-Dog Collar Receivers must be purchased. Please refer to page 14 for a list of compatible Collar Receivers.
7. Can I use the SportTrainer SD-1225E on aggressive dogs?
We do not recommend any of our products to be used on aggressive dogs.
We recommend you contact your local veterinarian or professional trainer to determine if your dog might be aggressive.
8. Will I get exactly 3/4 mile of range with the SportTrainer SD-1225E?
The range you get with your SportTrainer SD-1225E will vary according to terrain, weather, vegetation, as well as transmission from other radio devices. To get the maximum amount of range, please refer to How the System Works section of this guide.
9. How long can I continuously deliver stimulation to my dog?
The maximum amount of time you can press the Continuous Stimulation Button and deliver stimulation to your dog continuously is 10 seconds. After 10 seconds, the Remote Transmitter will timeout,and the Continuous Stimulation Button must be released and pressed again.
10. What do I do if my dog`s neck becomes red and irritated?
This condition, pressure necrosis, is due to the Contact Points irritating the skin. Discontinue use of the Collar Receiver for a few days. If the condition persists beyond 48 hours, see your veterinarian. Once the skin returns to normal, resume use, and monitor the skin condition closely.
11. The Intensity Dial seems difficult to rotate. Is this normal?
Yes. This prevents accidental changes in intensity and encourages an optimal waterproof seal. The knob will break in and be slightly easier to turn as you use it.
12. Can I attach a lead to the SportTrainer SD-1225E?
DO NOT attach a lead to the SportTrainer SD-1225E. You may put a separate non-metallic collar on your dog`s neck and attach a lead. Be sure the extra collar does not interfere with the Contact Points.
13. Can I program my SportTrainer SD-1225E to work with my other SportDOG Brand systems?
No, because the SportTrainer SD-1225E operates at a different frequency it is not backwards compatible.